Wednesday 12 February 2014

Q7) Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

When looking back at my first task iwas given to complete back in septemeber as well as looking back on my GCSE work i feel that i have imporved greatly when looking at the magazine i have created. When making my premilinary task magazine I used the programme of Photoshop yet when creating my music magazine I used Indesign which I felt has enabled me to improve in the design of my work. With the use of the priliminary task i was able to identify my strenghts and weaknesses and allowed me to understand what i need to do to make sure my work is to the best ability.   

When editing images i still used Photoshop due to its sole purpose being to edit images, yet for the designing of the magazine i used Indesign as its purpose is to design magazines and so had the best layout and guidlines avaiable. When using these programes they had a variety of tools which at the beginning of the project i was only and aware of a few yet looking at my music magazine i have used mnay tools to create the best possbile magazine i am able to make.
When looking at the images i took at the beginning of the project and i end i felt that they are alot stronger, breing my magazine together and creating a consistent theme throughtout; soft rock. The images are alot better quality with some even involving edits i was unaware of at the beginning of the coarse such as colour overlays. The images i used vary due to the locations and reasoning behind the chosen images taking more care and consideration in my final magazine images.
When comparing my two front covers I am aware that the preliminary task is unrealistic and so can be seen as unprofessional and rushed due to the many colours used with little housing style and theme throughout. Furthermore I didnt relate my magazine to the target audience and so some decisions when makaing the magazine could have been better. My magazine I feel is realistic and so relevant for my target audiences with eveyr decision made having them in mind.
 
I felt that the planning stage of my magazine was extremely helpful and so enabled me to have a structurte to my magazine before i had even created it. This allowed my ideas to be layed out appropriatly and so made sure that every decesion was the right one to make sure my magazine was professional and to the best i could possible make it. When making the Preliminary task i was not given enough time to prepare and so highlighted to myself the time needed to take when planning in order to make my magazine successful.
 
To conclude, i have improved within the process of making my magazine and so have been able to make a better finished product due to my knowlegde of the programs expanding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment